Bal DC is located in Dupont Circle, one of the city’s most vibrant and historic neighborhoods. It’s also a center of LGBTQ community and history (and even got a shoutout from the New York Times!). The neighborhood is full of incredible places to eat, from fine dining to delicious and affordable casual restaurants. While the weekend will not include meals, we hope you will find something extraordinary to eat in the neighborhood while you’re here. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Our favorite cheaper places to eat immediately around the Whittemore House include local independent restaurants:
- Triple B Fresh (Korean)
- Little Sesame (Mediterranean)
- Bub and Pop’s (Philadelphia-style sandwiches)
- Beefsteak (vegetarian)
- Kramerbooks Café
- We also love a number of fast-casual chains from the DC region:
- Bethesda Bagels
- Moby Dick House of Kabob (Persian)
- Cava (Mediterranean)
- Eater Magazine highlights some of the neighborhood’s tastiest restaurants specializing in a wide range of cuisines.
- Washingtonian Magazine also has some suggestions.
- The Dupont Circle Farmers Market operates year-round on Sundays from 9 am to 1 pm, making it a great stop for fresh fruit, veggies, pastries, and hot food to fuel your Sunday dancing.
Rest assured, however, that we will have snacks available for you to fuel your dancing. We will have vegetarian and vegan options, as well as options free of common allergens such as dairy, nuts, and gluten. Please use your registration form to tell us anything we should know about your dietary restrictions.